WINA recognises the importance of mentoring within the restructuring and turnaround industry. The WINA Mentoring Program aims to provide members with the opportunity to participate in a program that matches mentees with mentors from within the industry to share experiences and assist mentees with setting goals, career planning and progression along with networking.
“Leverage from the WINA network to support the growth and diversity of the next generation of professionals within our industry: Enabling senior members of the industry to share experiences, knowledge and skills to support mentees in their professional and personal development”.
For Mentors, the program seeks to:
- Enable senior members of the profession to play an active role in mentoring and assisting junior members;
- Help shape the industry through fostering the talent and growth of our future leaders;
- Develop your own leadership skills and understand the different motivators of a diverse team;
- Share learnings from your own career to help the next generation set goals and navigate their career;
- Meet, connect and develop strong relationships with peers and the next generation within the industry;
- Learn from other firms, share knowledge and develop your own soft skills; and
- Pay forward the support you have received through your career which got you to your current position.
For Mentees, the program seeks to:
- Receive advice from someone who has relevant experience that can help you navigate your career path;
- Build a strong relationship with an experienced mentor;
- Develop deeper industry knowledge and improve your communication skills;
- Build upon your network within the industry; and
- Identify your professional and personal goals that will assist you with your long-term career plan.
Program key dates
Members will be given the opportunity to express their interest in participating in the program as a mentor or mentee between 12 October 2021 to 4 November 2021. Mentors and mentees will be paired in the week commencing 8 November 2021 and will commit to a 9-month program running from November 2021 to June 2022 in the following year.
WINA will provide guidance and goals to mentors and mentees at the beginning of the program and will check in throughout the 9-month period to allow mentors and mentees the opportunity to meet other mentors and mentees involved in the program.
Mentors and mentees should meet regularly throughout the 9-month period either virtually or in person to allow both mentors and mentees to fully benefit from the program.
Who can access the mentoring program?
The WINA Mentoring Program will be open to all WINA FY22 individual and corporate members. Membership rates for FY22 are $500 for Corporates and $55 for individuals for the 2021/22 financial year.
Details on how to renew your membership can be found at this link, with Corporate memberships allowing 10 individuals to attend events at member rates.
Please note, registrations for the WINA Mentoring Program are currently closed for this financial year.